TIP NO. 70 – THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. If you wear make-up don’t try on clothes the day you don’t – without make-up the result will not be dependable.
2. When you are tired, it’s better not to wear black. Instead, put a lighter shade next to your face.
3. Prints or designs of any kind need simple, quiet accessories in solid tones.
4. Since long sleeves lead the eyes to your hands, pay attention to your manicure.
5. When wearing white – any garment in white – must be of good quality. A white garment in a cheap fabric will make you look that way.
See you tomorrow
Looking at some people, I wonders if fit is still important?
Yes it is! A good fit determines how smart you look. A bad cut distorts your figure, while a good one shows it to its best advantage. We read a lot about how we can hide and camouflage figure flaws – but why should the flaw always be us? Have you ever tried on a dress that you liked, but found that it didn’t look right on you? You may have thought that something was wrong with your figure, but the garment could have been the culprit. When the shoulders of a garment are a little too wide or if a sleeve is not set in well, the resulting pulls and puckers are unsightly. Unfortunately, with mass production, workmanship has declined greatly. Today, more than ever, time and money are needed to find the correct fit.You need time to examine an item thoroughly to see how it is made. And you need money in order to get a better fit and finish. Well-made buttonholes, carefully stitched hems and seams, pattern matching on the joints, and a good quality fabric cannot be found in cheap merchandise. But the extra money you spend will pay off because your garment will last longer and will keep its food looks as long as you own it.
It is important to keep in mind that you will look better in clothes that fit well without distorting your figure. For example. avoid a jacket that makes you appear too large on top, a pair of pants with a crotch so low that the length of your legs is reduced by a few inches, or a halter-neck that gapes and distorts your bust line. A halter-neck should fit snugly like the one in the picture.
Since this is a rather long and important chapter I will continue with it the next time – please don’t forget to come back to find out what else it takes to have the right fitting garment.
STAY WELL AND LOOK YOUR BEST