TIP NO. 70 – THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. If you wear make-up don’t try on clothes the day you don’t – without make-up the result will not be dependable.
2. When you are tired, it’s better not to wear black. Instead, put a lighter shade next to your face.
3. Prints or designs of any kind need simple, quiet accessories in solid tones.
4. Since long sleeves lead the eyes to your hands, pay attention to your manicure.
5. When wearing white – any garment in white – must be of good quality. A white garment in a cheap fabric will make you look that way.
See you tomorrow
Rachel Zoe, the celebrity stylist, who is going to have her own clothing line, and maybe you know her from her reality show “The Rachel Zoe Project” (I have never watched it, but now I will) had this to say about dressing and looking your best – in her own words – and I quote:
– Don’t be scared to be overdressed. What’s the worst case scenario? You’re the best-dressed in the room.
– I love to go by more is more. I’m not a minimalist. But if you’re questioning yourself and think you may have on too much, you probably do. So take something off.
– Don’t be afraid to accessorize. An outfit is nothing without accessories.
It is short and sweet, but it says it all – ‘don’t be afraid to look your best’ – and trust your intuition when it comes to how you want to look, and what makes you feel good.
Photo and quote from the MetroFashion section of the Metro Newspaper