TODAY I WANT TO THANK MY LONG-TIME FOLLOWERS FOR READING MY BLOGS, AND IN THE HOPE THAT YOU WILL JOIN ME ON MY NEW BLOG – WHICH IS THE RESULT OF MY LATEST BOOK – GETTING OVER GROWING OLDER – PLEASE GO FOR THE LATEST UP-DATES TO
THE BOOK IS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON – PAPERBACK EDITION AND KINDLE EDITION – THE LINK IS
THANKING YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
TIP NO. 70 – THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. If you wear make-up don’t try on clothes the day you don’t – without make-up the result will not be dependable.
2. When you are tired, it’s better not to wear black. Instead, put a lighter shade next to your face.
3. Prints or designs of any kind need simple, quiet accessories in solid tones.
4. Since long sleeves lead the eyes to your hands, pay attention to your manicure.
5. When wearing white – any garment in white – must be of good quality. A white garment in a cheap fabric will make you look that way.
See you tomorrow
TIP NO. 39 – LOOKING GOOD TAKES TIME
The other day I was watching a model being interviewed on TV. She was asked, “What do you do to always look so glamorous?” Her answer was, “I don’t always look glamorous. It takes a lot of work and time, not to speak of the airbrushing that is done on my photos. I would like young girls to realize that models don’t look in reality as we appear in the magazines – knowing this would help them feel less inadequate because they don’t look like the girl in Vogue.”
Most of us don’t look like the girl in Vogue, but if we take a little time for ourselves, we will look better. For example:
– if you ever wonder ‘should I wash your hair today?’ – yes, you should – you will look better for it
– putting on some make-up (even if you are at home) will make you feel better
– having a manicure will give you prettier hands
– a face mask once a week will give you better skin
– an extra hour of sleep or just relaxing a moment here and there will do more for your complexion than the most expensive cream
– an hour of exercise once or twice a week – or just going for a walk – will make you feel more alive
If your excuse is ‘I don’t have the time’ remember in order to take care of everything and everybody in your life, you have to include yourself – take care of yourself, spend some time with yourself and on yourself – you will feel and look better!
See you tomorrow
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 2,400 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 4 years to get that many views.
Click here to see the complete report.
Today when I had my nails done I witnessed something that is worth sharing with you.
The young lady next to me had her head buried in a newspaper, while the girl was cutting and filing away silently – all of a sudden the young lady looked up and with a shriek of horror yelled, “But you have cut all my nails – I had said just trim them.” The girl looked at her not understanding a word.
“You have to watch what they are doing” I told the young lady ” I thought this is a place to relax” was her defense. The girls looked frightened and confused and the lady kept looking in disbelieve at her hands.
The truth is that you can not have your nails done and relax, you have to watch what the girl is doing, and the reason for this is that many of these girls do not understand English., and don’t know what you have asked them to do.
You can read your paper and relax when your nails are drying, but not until then
Until the next time
STAY WELL AND LOOK YOUR BEST