Whenever we feel unhappy with our appearance we think that a new dress would be the answer. But unfortunately it isn’t. It is the body wearing it that makes the difference.
Instead of being preoccupied with what to wear, we should pay more attention to the condition of our body. I know that paying several hundred dollars on a membership for a spa or health club is a lot of money. Or we might feel that spending $30 or more at the hairdresser every week can be saved if we do it ourselves. But since health and beauty care make a bigger difference to our look than a new suit, we must spend our money (and attention) differently. We have to reduce the amount we spend on clothes and spend it on our body instead.
Isn’t it true that when we come from the hairdresser any dress we wear looks good? And believe me, there is no designer in the world who can make a dress that would replace a firm, well proportioned body.
Having stressed the importance of the body, let us now look at the different ways we can improve and take car of it:
1. EXERCISE – if you are serious about keeping or getting your body into shape, join a health club or exercise group. Your intention to exercise at home is certainly genuine, but alone it will be harder than having the support of a group and teacher. I know from my own experience that at home you won’t do it regularly, and eventually stop all together. Let me mention here that the idea of exercise is not only to be slim – but to be firm and well proportioned. A size 7 out of proportion (heavier on the lower part of the body) is much less attractive than a size 14 in proportion.
2. HAIRDRESSER – it is necessary to have your hair cut regularly. Don’t allow yourself to look unattractive by passing the due date by a week or two. In between cuts, a set or blow-dry can be a real treat. And to those ladies who go once or twice a year (or never) I would like to say that nothing dates a person more than an old-fashioned hairstyle.
3. MAKEUP -a good makeup does not require much money. Most women have cosmetics at home that they never use because they don’t succeed to apply it properly. To overcome this, have an expert show you. In every department store the cosmetic counters have ladies waiting to help you.
4. MANICURE – your hands say as much about you as your face. You might not want to have long red fingernails, but having well manicured hands, with a clear or light pink polish are just as pretty. And please don’t say, “I don’t have enough patience to do my nails” or “I don’t see too well”, or “my nails don’t grow anyway” , or “I don’t have time.” If one of these is your excuse treat yourself to a manicure once a week – they only cost between $10 – $15.
5. PEDICURE- the nicest sandal or open shoe does not look appealing unless your feet are. Having a pedicure done once a month is quite sufficient and you can have it done at the same time as your nails. Cost varies between $19 on a (Monday& Tuesday) to $29 for both. your hands and feet – and it is a wonderful feeling of being pampered when a person is applying polish to your toes and massaging your legs!
What we have discussed so far, does require a readjustment of your budget – spend less for clothes and more on health and beauty care. But the next three steps do not cost a penny and are equally effective:
1 – FOOD – when I was growing up my grandmother kept telling me, “You look like what you eat.” How true! But it is not followed by everyone. If you want to be healthy, feel better, and have a good complexion, learn about the foods which are nutritious, and good for you. For example: vegetables, and vegetables, and vegetables, plus fruits, less fatty foods and less sugar.
2. SPEND MORE TIME RESTING – taking an hour here and there to do something relaxing – like reading, taking a walk, giving yourself a face mask, indulging in a hot bath – will be most beneficial. It will give your face a more relaxed look.
You don’t have time! To find it, go over your activities and see what you could change – eliminating a TV program? – shortening your telephone conversations? Finding the time for something we really want to do is just a matter of priorities!
3. SLEEP MORE – enough sleep does not only guarantee more energy, it does wonders for your skin. There is no cream or lotion on the market that can replace it. Oh yes, creams are necessary, but can never substitute for the healthy glow of a good night’s sleep.
Nothing I have mentioned here includes clothes. So far we don’t have a stitch on. But taking care of our body we look rested, our hair is well done, our makeup is enhancing, our nails, both hands and feet, are taken care of, and we feel good about our figure. The clothes we now choose become an accessory. An accessory to a body and face we are proud of.
Therefore, the next time you want to buy a new piece of clothing, stop and think – do I really need a new top, or would the money be better spend on a visit to a spa, or a three months subscription to a health club?
Until next time
STAY WELL AND LOOK YOUR BEST
P.S. – and remember for A FREE CONSULTATION contace me at email@example.com